Development and Communications Manager
High 5 Adventure Learning Center is a non-profit educational organization recognized worldwide for its brand of adventure and experiential education.
Some of the world's most respected schools, colleges, sports teams, institutions and businesses turn to us for help to improve the way they live, learn and work together. Our Training and Team-Building, Professional Development and Certification, and Challenge Course Services are custom-designed to help our clients discover what's possible and expand their culture of internal leadership.
Beginning in 2013, High 5 established a set of ambitious growth goals and has met or exceeded those targets each year. With a $2.2 million annual budget and a staff of 20, High 5 is on track to continue rapid growth in all of its programs.
As our infrastructure grows, High 5 is establishing a new position of Development and Communications Manager to increase our external presence and build internal systems and capacity for contributed revenue. The Development and Communications Manager will work closely with High 5's Executive Director, Associate Executive Director, three program directors, and two-person administrative team, with the opportunity to help shape the position from the ground up. This is a full-time position, located at High 5's offices in Brattleboro, VT, with generous benefits.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to keep projects on track and on time, with strong teamwork and communication skills to fit High 5's culture. The position requires the ability to think strategically about shaping the new development and marketing approaches, as well as the ability to implement tasks with attention to detail. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director, the Development and Communications Manager will be responsible to:
● Work with High 5's program and administrative staff to create smooth systems with integration and coordination of tasks relating to development and communications.
● Assist High 5 in developing and executing a year-round fundraising plan, including donor development, donor appeals, grant-writing, and preparations for a capital campaign.
● Support High 5's marketing and communications activities, and integrate them with development strategies.
● Assist in the planning and execution of special events.
● With the Executive Director, educate, and support Board members in developing a fundraising culture.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org