Advanced Technical Skills: Level 2 Review
|Skill Level: Advanced Level|
|Tuition: $340||Course Length: 2 days (15 hrs)|
|Meal Plan: $65||Graduate Credit: 2 (additional fee)|
|Lodging: Lodging Options||CEU: Available (additional fee)|
This workshop gives the skilled practitioner the opportunity to review and add to their foundation of technical skills. Emphasis is on practicing and improving technical skills while developing what we call a “quiet competence” as an adventure practitioner.
At the beginning of the day specific participants needs will be assessed and then factored into the agenda. The content of this workshop builds upon the content from Beyond Basics Level 2 workshop (link http://high5adventure.org/training/beyondbasicsadvancedchallengecourseskills/ ) and provides a famework for you to review and prepare for Level 2 Challenge Course Certification testing. (Testing is optional and requires a separate registration).
This workshop will include:
Participants will review and practice:
- Basic and advanced knot tying skills.
- Basic course inspection tips and maintenance.
- Basic and advanced rescue procedures.
- Self belay techniques for challenge course access, setup and gear retrieval.
- Specialty element operations such as Flying Squirrel, Pamper Pole/Plank, Zip Line, Rappel, Giant Swing.
- Development of a critical eye for all aspects of your program via problem solving scenarios based upon real challenge course incidences.
Prerequisite: Beyond Basics Level 2 workshop or equivalent training within the past 3 years. We can help you determine if this workshop is right for you. Go to http://high5adventure.org/resourcecenter/forms/ for our Level 2 practical skills checklist.