Website High 5 Adventure Learning Center
High 5 Adventure Learning Center is an educational non-profit organization that helps individuals, schools, and communities use experiential and adventure education as a catalyst for positive change. Edge of Leadership (EOL) is a program designed to support the social, emotional, and leadership development of all members within schools. We are excited to announce a unique and exciting opportunity within EOL and are seeking the right person with the experience and drive to join the team. Our motto connect, empower, lead is more than words on paper, it’s foundational to our work, and we invite you to apply and learn more about us.
EOL is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We recognize that the more diverse we are, the better our work and program offerings will be. We encourage applications from those who have been historically marginalized and underrepresented within the adventure and educational field, including those who identify as Black Indigenous People of Color, disabled, and/or LGBTQ+.
- Lead and co-lead EOL programs for middle school students in grades 5 through 7 within a local school district.
- Design sequential experiential classroom sessions that highlight EOL’s approach and themes.
- Assist with EOL administrative tasks and projects as needed.
- Support and facilitate ropes course experiences for students and teachers in seasonal capstone learning field trips.
Skills & Abilities:
- The skills and abilities we seek for this position are essential to the foundation of what EOL educators strive to successfully nurture and develop in our EOL students.
- Open to learning High 5’s EOL model and approach to leadership development.
- Observation skills, including the ability to clearly articulate observations and ask appropriate and relevant questions related to what’s happening in the moment.
- Ask for feedback and offer feedback in a way that promotes growth.
- Adapt quickly to a dynamic learning environment and make quick decisions, including improvising.
- Calmly manage heightened energy or stress when working with others.
- Nurture positive environments in which students and staff are free to speak their minds, feel respected, and learn.
- A desire and drive to build strong youth communities and leaders.
- Experience with experiential education and adventure programming.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to live within a commutable distance to High 5 offices and our local schools.
- Familiarity with Google Classroom & Google Suite.
Salary and Benefits: $36K-$45K commensurate with your experience, skills, education and training. We offer a generous benefits package that reflects the value we place on the well-being of our employees and their families. 24 days C.T.O. plus 19 days paid holidays that includes a full week of paid time off between December and January break.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Edge of Leadership Program Specialist” as the subject line. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org