Website High 5 Adventure Learning Center
High 5 Adventure Learning Center is an educational non-profit organization that helps individuals, schools and communities use experiential and adventure education as a catalyst for positive change. Edge of Leadership (EOL) is a program designed to support the social, emotional and leadership development of all members within schools. We are excited to announce a unique and exciting employment opportunity within EOL and are seeking the right person with experience and drive to join our growing team as a full time EOL Teacher.
EOL is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We recognize that the more diverse we are, the better our work and program offerings will be. We sincerely encourage applications from those who have been historically marginalized and underrepresented within the adventure and educational field, including those who identify as Black Indigenous People of Color, disabled, and/or LGBTQ+.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and Co-lead EOL programs for primarily grades 5 through 7 within a local school district.
- Design sequential experiential classroom sessions that highlight EOL’s approach and themes.
- Assist with EOL administrative tasks and projects as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
The skills and abilities we seek for this position are essential to the foundation of what EOL teachers strive to successfully nurture and develop in our EOL students.
- Open to learn High 5’s EOL model and approach to leadership development.
- Observation skills, including the ability to clearly articulate observations and ask appropriate and relevant questions related to what’s happening in the moment.
- Ask for feedback and offer feedback in a way that promotes growth.
- Adapt quickly to a dynamic learning environment and make quick decisions, including improvising.
- Calmly manage heightened energy or stress when working with participants.
- Nurture positive environments in which students and staff are free to speak their minds, feel respected, and learn.
- A desire and drive to build strong youth communities and leaders.
- Experience with experiential education and adventure programming.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to live within a commutable distance to High 5 offices and our local schools.
Salary and Benefits: $36K-$45K commensurate with your experience, skills, education and training. We offer a generous benefits package that reflects the value we place on the well-being of our employees and their families. 24 days C.T.O. plus 19 days paid holidays.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Educator & Program Specialist” as the subject line. No phone calls, please
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com