Adventure Basics: Level 1 TrainingOur five-day Adventure Basics training is your gateway to adventure education and challenge course programming skills. Participants will learn both the basic technical skills of operating a challenge course as well as the facilitation skills essential to sequencing a program to maximize outcomes with participants. Adventure Basics provides an important first step for both understanding the flow and interplay of a group experience and for learning the skills to run an effective challenge course program. This workshop will help you prepare and review for the Level 1 Challenge Course Practitioner Certification test. (Testing is optional: you must register for the test separately.)
This workshop will include:
- Essential challenge course skills for the operation of low and high challenge course elements including spotting skills training, equipment use, knot tying, belay skills and risk management techniques
- A wide variety of icebreakers, warm-ups, cooperative games, and problem solving exercises
- How to create a positive environment for learning, positive group norms and reflection/processing techniques
- Curriculum development ideas: selecting and sequencing activities for optimal outcomes with different groups.
- Skill Level: All Skill Levels
- Course Length: 5 days (45 hrs)
- Graduate Credit: 3 (additional fee)
- CEU: Available (additional fee)
Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training
July 16, 2018 - July 20, 2018
Doesn't fit your schedule? Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training is also offered on the following dates:
Complete this form for each person you are registering.
12 spot(s) left.