Portable Play: Adventure Games, Initiatives & Portable Low ElementsThis workshop is ideal for anyone who is new to adventure education or seeking to incorporate the challenge and excitement of adventure learning without a high or low challenge course. Participants will be introduced to the foundational concepts and theories as well as the facilitation skills that are essential for an effective portable adventure program. You will:
- Explore strategies and techniques to create a positive environment for group participation and learning.
- Be introduced to effective sequencing, framing and debriefing activities for optimal outcomes.
- Explore ways to adapt activities to align with a specific program or group goals or themes.
- Experience a wide range of ice-breakers, warm-ups, cooperative games, and problem-solving exercises that use both props and portable element components and others that are propless or utilize no equipment.
- Engage in discussion about integrating adventure into curriculum and programming.
- Skill Level: All Skill Levels
- Course Length: 2 days (15 hrs)
- Graduate Credit: 2 (additional fee)
- CEU: Available (additional fee)
Portable Play: Adventure Games, Initiatives & Portable Low Elements
September 18, 2018 - September 19, 2018
Complete this form for each person you are registering.
19 spot(s) left.