High 5 is committed to providing affordable, quality workshop experiences that develop program and technical skills in a learning environment that is supportive and fun. Our professional staff takes pride in sharing their wealth of combined knowledge and practical experience with clients.
Specifically, High 5 staff is interested in developing what we call “thinking practitioners.” Now more than ever, as the adventure field continues to grow and develop, there is a greater need for highly skilled people who can apply their knowledge in demanding and ever-changing situations.
Skilled people are the backbone of any adventure program. Here at High 5 our primary goal is to help practitioners develop the skills that will build a strong and safe program.
Our Training Schedule
- Sort By Name
- Sort By Month
- Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training
- Developing Your Facilitation Skills
- Portable Play: Adventure Games, Initiatives & Portable Low Elements
- Beyond Basics: Level 2 Training
- Managing an Adventure Program: CCM Training
- Challenge Course Manager Certification Testing
- Skills Refresher: Level 1 Review
- Level 1 Challenge Course Certification Testing
- Level 2 Challenge Course Certification Testing
- Advanced Technical Skills: Level 2 Review
- Creating Connected Classrooms
- The Power of Play
- Reflecting Skills and Methods
- Beyond Basics: Level 2 Training April 12, 2018
- Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training April 25, 2018
- Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training May 14, 2018
- Beyond Basics: Level 2 Training May 30, 2018
- Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training July 16, 2018
- Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training August 6, 2018
- Beyond Basics: Level 2 Training August 13, 2018
- Level 1 Challenge Course Certification Testing August 17, 2018
- Advanced Technical Skills: Level 2 Review September 11, 2018
- Level 2 Challenge Course Certification Testing September 13, 2018
- Portable Play: Adventure Games, Initiatives & Portable Low Elements September 18, 2018
- Skills Refresher: Level 1 Review September 20, 2018
- Level 1 Challenge Course Certification Testing September 21, 2018
- Adventure Basics: Level 1 Training September 26, 2018
- Beyond Basics: Level 2 Training October 11, 2018
- Level 2 Challenge Course Certification Testing October 15, 2018
- Reflecting Skills and Methods October 18, 2018
- The Power of Play October 19, 2018
- Managing an Adventure Program: CCM Training October 23, 2018
- Challenge Course Manager Certification Testing October 26, 2018
- Creating Connected Classrooms November 1, 2018
- Developing Your Facilitation Skills November 2, 2018
Our multi-day workshops include a meal plan that offers delicious fare provided by a local caterer. Meals are served buffet family style in the convenience of the High 5 dining room. Mealtime is an integral part of the whole High 5 workshop experience, and participation in the group meals continues to create cohesiveness in the group and provides opportunity for ongoing dialog.
Our meal plan includes a vegetarian option. Simply specify your request under the Food Request Option on the Registration Form. However, if your dietary needs are more specific (i.e. gluten-free or lactose intolerant), please note your dietary needs on the Registration Form and contact High 5 directly at 802-254-8718.
You are responsible for your own lodging reservations. There are many choices in the Brattleboro area. High 5 has discount arrangements with these 3 establishments; if you call one of these choices, just mention High 5 to receive the discounted rate.
Please keep in mind, tourism reservations in the area will make lodging reservations competitive, depending on the season.
In Brattleboro, VT:
Holiday Inn Express: 100 Chickering Dr, Brattleboro, VT 05301 (802) 257-2400
Comfort Inn & Suites: 1186 Putney Road, Brattleboro, VT, 05301, Phone: (802) 579-1344
Colonial Motel & Spa: 889 Putney Rd, Brattleboro, VT 05301. Phone: (802) 257-7733, Toll Free: (800) 239-0032
In nearby West Chesterfield, NH:
Riverside Hotel: Riverside Hotel, 20 Riverside Drive, West Chesterfield, NH 03466. Phone: (603) 256-4200, Toll Free: (877) 256-7050
In Middletown, RI: (for Adventure Basics in Newport RI and the Intro to Low Ropes in Newport RI)
Hotels near Middletown, RI
Occasionally, High 5 must cancel a workshop due to low enrollment or other unforeseeable circumstances. We make every effort to announce a cancellation at least two weeks in advance. If we cancel, all fees will be refunded. However, please consider this policy when you are booking flights in advance of a training course. High 5 will assume no liability for non-refundable travel reservations.
Participants must inform High 5 about their intent to cancel at least two weeks in advance of a training course. If you cancel within two weeks of the program you will be charged for meals as it relates to the workshop cost, but you may apply the balance of your deposit towards another High 5 workshop.
The purchase area of our site is 100% secure, using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name, address and other critically sensitive information like your credit card details. Information passed between your computer and our Web site cannot be read in the event it is intercepted by someone else.