Beyond Basics: Level 2 TrainingBeyond Basics is an advanced challenge course operations workshop. It is designed to help practitioners reinforce and improve the requisite technical skills needed to effectively operate a low and high challenge course program. Emphasis will be on developing a deeper understanding of challenge course systems and cultivating a critical eye for risk management. This workshop prepares challenge course practitioners for Level 2 Certification. (Testing is optional, you must register for the test separately.)
This workshop will include:
- Review of basic skills: knot tying, proper use and maintenance of equipment, belay skills
- Self-belay techniques for challenge course access, set-up and gear retrieval
- Risk management
- Emergency action plans
- Accident prevention and basic rescue procedures
- Specialty element operations such as Flying Squirrel, Pamper Pole/Plank, Zip Line, Rappel, Giant Swing
PrerequisiteAdventure Basics Level 1 workshop or equivalent experience. We can help you determine if this workshop is right for you. Go to http://high5adventure.org/resource-center/forms/ for our Level 1 practical skills checklist.
- Skill Level: Advanced Level
- Course Length: 4 days (35 hrs)
- Graduate Credit: 2 (additional fee)
- CEU: Available (additional fee)
Beyond Basics: Level 2 Training
October 11, 2018 - October 14, 2018
Doesn't fit your schedule? Beyond Basics: Level 2 Training is also offered on the following dates:
Complete this form for each person you are registering.
12 spot(s) left.